birthday satire

By 5/06/2011 ,

i might say it's not a perfect timing to celebrate my 25th birthday while being intimidated by assignments (as usual), exams and pre-dissertation madness. call me selfish but i honestly a bit disappointed because there's no birthday surprise from my indonesian friends. we usually celebrate the birthday by giving a small surprise like buying £2 cheesecake from tesco with candles and eating it together, as simple as that. well, guess true friends show their true colours. i thought the most reliable person comes from the same country as mine. haha, what a naive 25th years old lady i am.

luckily, a small birthday party was held between me, nurg, tiffy and her boyfriend. they are besties from same course in MoP. a slice of if plain Kro bar cheese cake became my candle-less birthday cake, decorated with a bouquet of flower from nurg. we continue to (again) spend the night in the library doing the assignment afterwards.




lesson learned, don't expect too much if you celebrate your birthday far from your closest person. i can't count on my boyfriend who currently under pressure on his training in houston. a sweet email at 12 o'clock in indonesian time and short chat in the middle of his class were all he can do to me. don't ask about my family in indonesia, haha. birthday wishes through blackberry messenger and facebook message usually work for them. though i really want to celebrate it by having a warm decent family dinner with homemade tiramisu made by me. :')

nurg, birthday girl, and our library madness
ps: apologize for the lame pictures taken from my macbook and blackberry camera. not in the good mood to present good pictures either. *sroooottt

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Comment