the e day

By 10/04/2010

Alhamdulillah, after the 4 super-busy-weeks, I’m officially engaged now!



I always remember how hectic that day was. My overly-excited-relatives (long live sundanese family!) came since afternoon, though the engagement party started at 7pm. As the bride-to-be cum technician, I had to manage all the technical-thingy and prepare myself, huuufffff. I’m so proud to say that the make up was done by me, since I still learn how to use make up properly.  : )

Unfortunately I didn’t have enough time to look through some hair stylist in bekasi. Shame on me, when my mom recommended me to go to Arie Kaplale, I couldn’t think wisely. It was 4 hours before the party, I straight away went to Arie Kaplale whose salon quite nearby. It was uneasy to discuss what I really want for this special day. Yeah, he’s very persistent and forced me to let him work on his way. The result? I had no words to say when my mom said the ‘sasakan’ is too high! My relatives tried to calm me down by suggesting me to put some hair accessorize which I hadn’t prepared at all. Oh I hate you so much Arie! : ‘(

I tried my best not to look upset on my engagement day. Beside, I didn’t want to share the disappointment to my fiancé’s family. Thank God the kebaya and my self-make up were not bad. I got lots of compliment for my appearance. My fiancé couldn’t stop whispering how gorgeous I am, so did his mom and relatives. They didn’t notice about this alien hair style. Oh, I’m the happiest girl on earth! x )





Alhamdulillah, the engagement party went smoothly. I could see happiness in both of families. I felt like all the problems were gone. : )




The bucket of flowers looked absolutely beautiful! I ordered those flowers from my neighbour. Lesson learned, never underestimate your next-door-florist. Sometimes they can work beyond your expectation, and quite often they give you ‘neighbour’ price, hehe. ; )

The food by Kiki catering was really good as well.  I ordered the buffet menu for 50 portions, but still got so many leftovers.  The number of relatives who came were beyond my expectation. Ordered 50 chairs to fit my small house, and those weren't enough, haha!

Somehow I could feel the excitement from my big family. They just simply couldn’t wait to see me on wedding day. That makes me wondering, how it’s gonna be when it comes to the real wedding party. Some people said it’s not really necessary to emphasize more on the party without focus on the importance of wedding itself. I personally think the wedding preparation might be a good assignment to real marriage life. Do you girls agree with me? : )

LIST OF VENDORS

Food: Kiki Catering
Kebaya: Grand Marina, Pasar Sunan Giri
Make up: me!
Hair do: Arie Kaplale
Flowers: my neighbour
Decoration (chairs and aircon only, without tent): somewhere from ruko Taman Galaxy, Bekasi
Photography: my cousin and I
Sound system: my father's friend

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Hwoaa mana mana rambut aliennya? ga keliatan kok. hihi.. you were so beautiful dear. semoga persiapannya dimudahkan yaa..

    ReplyDelete
  2. itu lho shiiinnn, rambutku disasak tinggi banget udah kayak marge simpson! uda protes tapi tetep aja si arie-nya keukeuh bentuk begitu uda disesuaikan sama bentuk muka. emang bentuk muka ekeu kayak alien/marge simpson???? hahaha

    ReplyDelete

Comment