crazy over laces!

By 1/15/2012 , ,

it's less than 4 months 'til the big day and I start to feel worried that everything hasn't been settled down. as i said in previous post, myrna myura is appointed to design and make kebaya for me, mom, soon-to-be mother in law, as well as the groom suit. I asked her help in choosing fabrics. since there's no significant progress in the wedding attire thingy. after waiting for few weeks, we could found the right date. pasar mayestik was selected as the promised place. 

sharply on last saturday at 11am, mom and I had arrived to centro moda, our favourite textile shop in pasar mayestik. the whole collection was having 50% discount by that time. of course I didn't want to miss a thing hehe. while waiting for myrna, I was checking on the french lace section. lime green, yellow and peach, which color should I choose for kebaya siraman and seserahan? *excited



among various textile shops in pasar mayestik, myrna brought us to de majestik and target. the journey has ended at target, where we spent most of the money during that day. piles of french lace, cornelli lace, and semi-french lace, everything has filled up the floor. the color scheme taken from martha stewart wedding website has guided me so I didn't have to spent a lot of time in selecting the color. and also, myrna gave some advice on the fabric selection. thank God in less than 3 hours, we found the perfect fabrics for my mom and soon-to-be mother in law, as well as the whole families and bridemaids. ah, i felt relieved!





lesson learned, do make some notes in the quantity of each fabric type you need to buy, such as how many pieces you should buy for each category: family, friend, etc. that would be better if you could prepare the color scheme as a guidance in selecting color. another thing is bring people that would help you understand more in color and characteristic of each fabric, which in my case is the designer myrna myura. the last thing is don't take too many people so you won't get confused by their opinion or different preferences. at least, these tips has worked well with me. ;)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Comment